Sunday, October 9, 2011

Teresa's Story


Teresa's StoryThis is my story. I am going to tell you about my recent career change. I am proud to call myself a CAREER NANNY!
 
Two and 1/2 years ago I decided to become a nanny. Strictly because of the economy I thought, that I made that choice. It was the best career move that I could have ever chosen.  More recently, I decided to continue and become a career nanny!!! I am so completely happy with my decision to do so.
 
I'm not going to give you a play by play of every trauma, bad luck and negative situations I've been in. I believe all of which you've succeeded in your life has shaped you in to what you have become and what will be. We are constantly changing, learning, growing!  I am blessed to have received such harsh reminders, (lessons) of my purpose and Gods' Will.
 
I have worked in the professional office environment for over 14 years and witnessed the corporate back-stabbing and BS that finally drew the final straw. I became a massage therapist; to the opposite side of the spectrum of irate clients, the quality/productivity/quantity measuring stick, In that I found a need to serve people in a more caring, respectfully, holistic and spiritual way. 5 years later, I began having some carpal problems, which again lead to another transition, of which became a lay-off. And then....
 
Here I am. A career nanny!! I started searching the web for career nanny type agencies, which SUPPORT ($) the Professional Career Nanny!!! So, I am really just beginning the travel and cross country nannies of the world.  I am happy to become apart of your world. I am ready to learn from my veteran compares...so don't hesitate to email me with advise and of your gracious wisdom!!! tmn_tesa @yahoo.com
 
I had not expected to fall in love with my job, but I did. I love children and all of their innocence. Seeing their eyes sparkle with pride from their first step, or word and song. Watching their intense concentration of experiencing finger-paint all over their hands, and seeing in their eyes, the planning of what shall I do with this paint...and it not involving the paper in front of them :) Making up stories and songs and not worrying if they are right or wrong. It doesn't matter they made them. Dancing to silly music with streamers, towels or socks. Learning....with the great educational books from Wal-Mart or teacher discount stores. Reading...drawing...laughing...chasing...having fun!!!!!! Even the bad days are not bad. There is always a reason behind the behavior. I even found, in the disequilibrium phases, Katie understood that she couldn't control those urges to 'act out' or 'whine' like a 3 1/2 yr old does, and all I would need to do is to look at her and she would just laugh. Or the times when she just needed to cry....she didn't know why...sometimes we don't always know...and it was always ok. We had a great understanding.
 
I don't know if all my future jobs will be like that. And I don't know what is in HIS plans but I do know that I have a unique gift and connection, an empathetic desire to protect, love, advocate, teach, care and educate my charges. That as I proceed and investigate other child-care careers, I would not be granted such liberties and freedoms as we so have. 
 
I am currently learning, how to say good-bye as I approach the end of my contract.  I decided to write a very personal letter with my hopes she will keep, and cherish it as well as our memories. I am inserting the letter and a picture of the two of us in a book-type photo frame. I am also including a package of some treasures that I hope serve as a reminder of our great times together.

No comments:

Post a Comment