Sunday, October 9, 2011

Susan's Lehman


Greetings to all.
My name is Susan Lehman and I've been a career nanny for 18 years. I remember very clearly seeing the movie Mary Poppins when I was 5yrs old. I was amazed!
When I was out of college and wondering about a career move, I saw an article in the St.Louis newspaper about a new nanny program. I was
intrigued! I enrolled along with Glenda and several others and graduated with a certification at the end of 1984. I was thrilled,it truly felt like mycalling.

In the spring of 1985,I packed a few belongings, and flew across country to work in Malibu,California.
I thought I had died and gone to heaven! I was in charge of two infants, the children of research scientists.         Baby Heaven!
A few years later, I was ready to try my hand at a different aspect, nanny placement. I was hired to be an administrator ,then worked my way up to
placement, and teaching at a nanny school in Beverly Hills. It was fun and exciting,but I longed to be back in the home with an infant.
My next job was with an actor/producer couple with a baby girl in Santa Monica. I stayed almost 6 yrs!
I traveled with them, went on location to do films, and had a wonderful time. We got along famously!
Then the Los Angeles riots hit and I was ready to make a move.
On to northern California where I took a position with another infant. From Hollywood to Silicon Valley! What a change. Again I stayed  a long time, almost 7 years, which takes me to my present position with 2 wonderful little girls that I've been with for 4 years. (Madison is 4 and Sydney is 2 and one half)
What an exciting 18 years it's been, I can't imagine doing anything else. I love it. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment